Webhosting Cafe Forums  

Go Back   Webhosting Cafe Forums > Building your site! > Website Critiques & Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Access 80+ search engines without retyping search keywords & URLs

Hi everyone, grown out of a frustration of having to type the URLs and search keywords repeatedly for different search engines, I created TurboScout to search 80+ search engines without retyping search keywords or URLs of search engines.

It requires only a click to get original results from various search engines to be displayed in 1 Web site. You can search for different categories: Web, Images, Reference, News, Products, Blogs, Audio&Video.

You can even customize TurboScout so that it will display the search tool together with your favourite website as your browser's homepage.

TurboScout : http://www.turboscout.com

May I trouble you to test-drive TurboScout and give me feedbacks on the following areas:

1. Does TurboScout make your search online more convenient & time-saving?
2. Will you use TurboScout? (with reasons)
3. Any suggestions to improve TurboScout's interface & functionality?

Thank you for your time!

Cheerios!
Weiliang
Email: weiliang@turboscout.com

Last edited by turboscout : 01-21-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Moderator 2005

According to your web site:
Quote:
Original results - TurboScout gives you quick access to the original results directly from each search engines instead of compiled results across the search engines.
Alright, let's see if I did this correctly. I searched for "Jesus" on Google, and got about 50 million results. Then I went to Turboscout.com, typed "Jesus" and... oh, only 2,130,000 results. That's quite a difference! How do you explain that?

So, here it is:

1. It could, should it be able to find all the results like the search engines;
2. No, I won't. 'Cause like I said, too little results on Turboscout.com in comparision to the search engines;
3. Yeah: do what's promised on your web site.

Now, if I may ask you, Weiliang: do you plan to remain an active member of this community or are you here just to advertise your web site? I doubt we'll ever see you again in here, and if you don't come back, this might just go to the trash can, should the other moderators agree with me.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:27 AM

Hi Gustavo! Thanks for taking time off to review my website. I'm surprised by the difference in the number of results generated. I have tried your method on Yahoo and MSN search, luckily, only Google is giving such a problem.

Other than Google, all other search engines produce as many search results as the original website.

I will try to resolve it as soon as possible
Old 01-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Now with less dolphin!

I find it funny that you use dog pile, which is a site that does basically what you are doing. And the search function never worked for me.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo
I find it funny that you use dog pile, which is a site that does basically what you are doing. And the search function never worked for me.

Hi Mofo, Dogpile is like metacrawler, where it process the search results from various search engines and then display as its own. It may not display every original results from each original search engine. For TurboScout, you are actually in control and searches for original results without modifications.

which search function did not work? Did you enable javascript? What browser are you using? It works for IE, Netscape, FireFox, Opera.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Now with less dolphin!

Couldn't access the server. Google still displays less results. So basically you put a header on other sites search pages?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo
Couldn't access the server. Google still displays less results. So basically you put a header on other sites search pages?

Hi Mofo, I have just fixed a few minor bugs, the problem lies with the search form provided by Google, I have emailed Google to ask for a solution.

Let me know if you still have problem accessing the server.

Yes, the top frame(you can minimize or close) allows you to search other engines & categories with just a click