Webhosting Cafe Forums  

Go Back   Webhosting Cafe Forums > General Chat > Entertainment
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Moderator 2005

Default Woman has advertisement tattooed on her forehead

Unfortunately I still haven't found about this in English, so I'll just have to translate what I read on Brazil's major newspaper.

Virtual cassino GoldenPalace.com, which became famous for acquiring some of the most bizarre items on auction website Ebay (...) "bought" an American woman's forehead. For US$ 10,000 dollars, she had the words "Golden Palace.com" tattoed on her forehead.

"We have the privilege of having a permanent advertisement tattoed on Karolyne Smith's forehead. She is the first woman to have the cassino's brand on herself forever", the company says on an announcement.

Smith says she loves to get attention and does not regret what she's done. "To many people this may seem stupid. To me, however, these US$ 10,000 seem like a million. I did this for my son, so I can build a better future for him", she said.

According to her, this money will be used to pay her son's school.

Well, it's all about capitalism. You get someone who's willing to sell the most unbelievable thing and someone's who wants to buy it, 'cause there's always a market for everything... I can't help but think this is sad, for a number of reasons... it shows, in my opinion, how stupidity's been sharply increasing these days after the Internet... I'd just like to know what you folks thing of this.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Now with less dolphin!

Well, money can buy anything now, even the foreheads of stupid people.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:37 AM

I think this is very sad but also very real. I know I will do anything I must for my child (in the future, naturally). I would probably find the better way of finding money, but if this was last resort, I would certainly do it.
I would not do it if I was the one needing that money, but for my child... I'll pull down the Mount Everest.

I've also heard about the woman who sold her name in order to help her child. I find that also sad, but this is a cruel and mad world, ain't it?
Old 07-04-2005, 11:46 PM

ya u r right most of the people in this world thinks that they can buy any thing with their money but dont u think still many peoples r there u gives more piority to their thoughts rather than money.